Hollywood's Hottest Fashionista lets you know her inner most thoughts without holding back. Step into her colorful closet and get to know her inner thoughts on the things she loves the most: Fashion, Fitness, and Men!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DAY 3: BE INSPIRED


What inspires you in life? What makes you get out of bed each morning? Is it your boyfriend? girlfriend? best friend? brother? sister? child? What about just because of YOU? We all need things that inspire us, but at the end of the day, no one is putting the blood, sweat, and tears in except you. Our inspirations are lil things that keep us motivated to continue to push hard for the things we want in life.

For example, my inspiration is FASHION, FAMILY, HEALTH, and LOVE. How do I stay inspired? Believe it or not, I get that question asked to me almost every magazine interview. In work, we make what is called an INSPIRATION notebook, that inspires us creatively for photo shoots, looks, campaigns, etc. But when it comes to waking up each morning, the mere fact of being able to open my eyes, see the sunrise, to breathe, and to be able to walk are just a few little things that keep me going. See in the ability to understand that those gifts can be taken away at any moment is motivation to live life to it's fullest!

So, how do you stay inspired? Make a collage. I know, it sounds 3rd grade, but visual tools are the best way to stay inspired and motivated. For me, it's my laptop, I make my desktop background of my goals, photos of things I either aspire to become or want. Not sure how to achieve this, it's simple. Don't worry if you do not have Photoshop or Illustrator, just the PAINT program alone can help you 'cut & paste' a collage.

If you don't use your laptop/computer for work, make a collage with good old fashion scissors, magazines/photos, and glue on a basic piece of white paper. Place the collage on the fridge or on the mirror in your bathroom. That way it's a constant reminder of your goals. And in a moment of weakness, and we all have them, we are all human, you can reflect on the important things in life. This is also to remain humble and grateful for the things that you do find important. Always be blessed for your gifts! Life is too short to ever be unhappy. I have developed a mechanism for wanting to get over the hurt and pain so quickly, because happiness is everything to me! It is the one gift you can give yourself unselfishly that only leads to more happiness. A positive attitude is key to achieving a stable balance of heart, mind, and soul!

Now, stop reading the blog and get to work! Big goals= big work! Push yourself everyday to be a better person for those that inspire you! Have a blessed & inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment