Hollywood's Hottest Fashionista lets you know her inner most thoughts without holding back. Step into her colorful closet and get to know her inner thoughts on the things she loves the most: Fashion, Fitness, and Men!

Friday, January 8, 2010

IN MY OWN WORDS: NFL PLAYERS


Is Twitter becoming a place where celebs can encourage ignorance? I thought Twitter was a great way to show support for kids in Africa and thanks to the positivity of Ashton and Demi, children are sleeping with mosquito nets and the world is just a little bit better of a place. Well, they say ignorance is bliss, I say ignorance is spreading through social networking sites, such a Twitter, and it's disgustting.

I just happened to be on Twitter, as I saw supermodel, Joanna Krupa post:
@joannakrupa: pls sign the petition against the monster and murderer michael vick!!!!!

followed by a @joannakrupa:http://www.change.org/actions/view/petition_against_awarding_michael_vick_the_ed_block_courage_award.
Since when is it ok to allow convicted murderers to win awards and play in the NFL, but Michael Vick who was reinstated by NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell this year, after his poor choices with dogfighting in 2007 and since then has served time, can't even receive an award? Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE animal lover, I rescue/foster dogs and 2 of my own dogs are rescues, but really people?? Think about this long and hard, what happened to forgiveness? Where does this hate stem from?


The man has served his time and paid his dues. And why do people use their celebrity status to encourage this ignorance? I adore Joanna, I even voted for her while she was on Dancing with the Stars, but maybe she needs to do her homework before posting next time. Yes, there are NFL players that are convicted murderers, look them up. I am not here to slander anyone's name or reputation, but what I am here to do is to say WHY??? Hasn't Michael Vick been served enough scrutiny? I think people need to promote LOVE and not HATE, it's 2010 after all, it's about opening your heart and forgiving, if we continue to live in the past, what does that say about our future?

No comments:

Post a Comment